Content writing involves writing relevant content for websites, marketing materials, technical documents and much more. The term content has a very broad meaning that covers everything, including blogs, guides, case studies, essays, advertisements, brochures, product and service descriptions, reviews, news, short stories, biographies and poetry. In fact, any piece of writing that is relevant to a business and that can be published on a website can be called content.
Why is quality content so important for businesses?
A lot of companies both large and small do their business through their website and content is the flesh and blood of online marketing. Several studies have shown that buyers are influenced by website content to a great extent, which makes websites a very powerful tool for marketing. A website that provides all the relevant information in an easy to understand way, has a good chance of attracting lots of visitors and converting them into customers. This is why it is very important for a website to have high quality content.
What are the qualities of effective website content?
The qualities of effective website content should include the following:
• Informative: The content should provide the readers with all of the information they need about the company’s products and services. The content should be rich in detail to keep the visitor hooked. Since potential buyers will visit several websites before making their final decision, only high quality content can persuade them to place an order on your website.
• Educational: The content should be designed to educate potential customers about your industry. Content that positions your company as a leader in your industry or a credible source of information, is guaranteed to attract web traffic and leads. An educated customer can be a very effective brand ambassador for your company, if he is also happy with your products and services.
• Entertaining: The competition for web traffic is cutthroat. There are hundreds if not thousands of websites for every product or service on the market. If your visitors find your content to be dull and boring, they will simply go to another website.
• Persuasive: It’s not enough for your content to be informative, educational and entertaining; it should also be persuasive in a subtle way, if you want to convert the visitors into customers.
What are the various types of content that’s important to businesses?
There are many different types of website content. For the purpose of marketing, they can be divided into the following three categories.
• Content to disseminate information and create awareness: These include blogs, checklists, lists, newsletters, eBooks, contests, expert interviews, info-graphics, guides, powerpoint slides, tutorials, press releases and whitepapers. They are designed to inform the visitors about the company’s products and services and spread awareness about the same in targeted areas.
• Content to persuade potential customers: These include brochures, catalogs, case studies, comparison charts, FAQs, product guides, product specs, reviews and testimonials. They are designed to indirectly and subtly persuade the visitors to actually check out the products and services with the intention of buying.
• Content to convert visitors into buyers: These include coupons, quotes, consultations, demos and free trials. They are designed to help potential customers make the final decision about actually placing an order. Once the customer is persuaded, it should be quite easy.
What do customers want to see in website content?
The reason customers visit a website is to find the information they need. They want to see written content that answers all their questions, while being entertained and educated at the same time.
A study was done on what B2B buyers want from a vendor website, and here are the findings:
• 86% of buyers want to see information about products and services on a website
• 64% want to see contact information
• 52% want to see about/company information.
• Sales and product related information buyers most want to see include shipping, product reviews, pricing, online ordering, location in their area, and detail about technical support.
If you want to attract traffic to your website and increase sales, then it is important to include all the above information on your website in an organic manner. A buyer will visit a website multiple times before making the final decision.
How can content writing help boost your revenue?
Quality content helps boost revenue by attracting web traffic, optimizing the traffic source, adjusting visitor flow and establishing trust.
• By attracting web traffic: In order to increase sales, your website must attract traffic. Well-researched and written content that has all the information customers are looking for acts like a magnet. The more visitors your website can attract, the more sales you can make.
• By spreading awareness about your company: Most customers are very selective when it comes to vendors. They will buy only if they know your company or brand name or have at least heard about them. Well written content can spread awareness about your company and its products and services.
• By optimizing your traffic source: Professionally written content uses highly researched and effective keywords that attract quality customers. Rather than a large number of window shoppers.
• By directing visitor flow: Well written content directs the visitor flow to the right places, so they will effortlessly find what you want them to find. Once they get there, the probability that they will buy the product or service will increase dramatically.
• By establishing trust: By positioning your company as the expert in your industry, well written content helps establish trust between you and your customers.
How can we help you?
We offer high quality content writing services that include website writing, article writing, technical writing, blog writing, brochures, email marketing, installation guides, landing pages, sales pages, case studies, newsletters, powerpoint scripts, press releases, product descriptions, quick start guides, slogans, tag-lines and so much more. Our team of professional content writers have many years of experience in writing content, that is tailored to meet your needs.